pidgin 2.6.1 Call error Fixed

"Error creating session: Could not create the valve element"

I was trying to run new pidgin under my ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty jackapole. It took hell of time to add all necessary development modules. To compile pidgin with voice and video support you must need farsight2 development headers and it need some other packages, and it goes on. After all I managed to compile and install.
But when I start a new call, it will display an error
Error creating session: Could not create the rtp muxer element
Error adding stream.
The call has been terminated.

Error creating session: Could not create the valve element.

Nothing went fine, I decided to remove the package and I want to do a clean reinstall but I am not able to uninstall pidgin from my system.
Synaptic Package Manager, sudo apt-get remove --purge pidgin .... nothing happened.

Then once again I compiled it, then
issued command to uninstall the pidgin
'sudo make uninstall'

now it removed Pidgin completely from my system.

Then I setup the PPA, "copy-and-paste these commands into a terminal"

sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com \ 67265eb522bdd6b1c69e66ed7fb8bee0a1f196a8

echo deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/pidgin-developers/ppa/ubuntu \ `lsb_release --short --codename` main | \
sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pidgin-ppa.list

sudo apt-get install pidgin

Now it working fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment